Finally, the radio industry has a “go to” place to find young talent entering the industry. The Kellar Radio Talent System Institute is a talent incubator on the campus of Appalachian State University in Boone, N.C. and is the first of its kind in the world.
The Institute brings in industry professionals from around the country to teach during this intensive 10-day summer program. All participating professionals to date have praised Appalachian State and embraced the Institute as a “go to” place to find bright, talented young broadcasters entering the industry.
“Broadcasters at the highest level understand the importance of bringing new talent into the industry, even so, we have never developed an organized and systemized farm system until now,” stated Dan “Vallie” Hill AKA Dan Vallie, Director of the Institute. “I am excited that Appalachian State has embraced this innovative talent incubator concept and is teaming with the industry to find, train, coach and develop fresh young talent in every area of broadcasting. I expect other leading broadcasters will want to support this innovative radio farm system as well.”
Video Testimonials of Broadcasters
- Al Bunch President of Foothills Broadcasting
- Don Curtis CEO Curtis Media
- Brian Freeman Program Director News/Talk WPTF Raleigh
- Henry Hinton President Inner Banks Media
- Lisa Mckay PD/Station Manager WQDR & Pulse 102
- Alex Mctighe National Sales Manager Curtis Media
- Jay Nachlis Program Director/Air Talent RADIO 96.1
- Allen Shaw CEO Centennial Broadcasting
- Phil Zachary President Curtis Media
"Yesterday a Student - Today a Pro" Videos
- Jessie Bumgarner Account Executive Kicks103.3 FM
- Joel Gillie Morning Show and Promotions Director WMMY FM
- Brandon Dickson Mornings and News Anchor WPTF
- Kayla Pack Air Talent Middays - Kicks103.3
- Pam Patton Account Executive Beasley Broadcasting
- Brittani Rook Director of Interactive & Social Media Centennial Broadcasting
The intent is to produce people with an all-around view of the business, from management and programming to engineering and...
Where radio’s next generation of air personalities, programmers, salespeople and even owners will be found has been a...
THE MOUTH, JULY 9TH, 2012 –– Twenty eight broadcast professionals will come to the mountaintop to teach during...
Twenty eight broadcast professionals will gather to teach seventeen students who have come to learn at the 6th annual Kellar...
The 6th annual KELLAR RADIO TALENT INSTITUTE will bring 17 students to learn from 28 broadcast professionals on the campus...
How To Use This Site
If you are an industry professional looking for entry level talent for on air, sales, traffic, sports, news, etc, or talent early into their career click on Radio Talent Farm System to find talent now looking to enter the industry, or still in school, or are working in their first part time or full time job starting their career. There you will find their resume, contact information and air check, etc.
If you are a student, click on Guest Professional Faculty to get an understanding of the caliber of professionals that come and teach at the institute, click on Radio Talent Farm System to see students now working in the industry. Click Ccurriculum to see the agenda of the ten day institute, Press to see the national attention the institute receives and apply for application information.